Monday, April 2, 2012

Back from Omaha!

Hi there, it's Amanda here.  There is nothing like looking outside, seeing snow on the ground, and hearing that we are having a SNOW DAY!  As a teacher, this just really puts a big smile on my face!  Okay, so I didn't have a snow day this past week, but right up there with it, for a teacher, is SPRING BREAK!  I just had spring break and visited my sister in Omaha.  It was a blast.  She has 4 kids -- ranging in ages from 8 years old to 2 year old twins.  She just moved into a new house and had just settled in.  However, she still had lots of organizing to do -- pictures to hang, a garage to clean, a pantry to put together.  So, of course, I said I would come out and help her.  Well, we ended up going to get our hair cut, getting a pedicure, seeing a movie, shopping at Plato's Closet, napping, sitting on the deck in the sun, and doing a lot of talking.  I bet she was glad I left so she could get some work done.... Needless to say, I have a wonderful sister who is a true and great friend. I am so lucky to have a great family and I feel so blessed to have close relationships with my brother, sisters and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment